Santa Barbara Wineries
Santa Barbara County has more than 200 wineries, thanks to its unique micro-climates and rich soils that help produce a wide array of high quality grapes. Many Santa Barbara wineries specialize in Pinot Noir, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay and Syrah along with lesser varietals, and with 170 wine tasting rooms, you have opportunities to try them all! There are several reputable companies that offer chauffeured wine tours to the region’s best spots, letting you indulge in highly acclaimed reds and whites with total freedom. Be sure to check out these top-notch vineyards, as rated by the California winery advisor:
- Saarlos and Sons
- Presq’uile Winery
- Bridlewood Winery
- Fess Parker Winery and Vineyard
- Rusack Vineyards
- Sunstone Winery
- Brander Vineyard
Santa Barbara Beach Guide
Whether you want a peaceful spot to sunbathe or a beautiful setting for a family BBQ, there’s a sun-kissed beach awaiting in Santa Barbara. Many of the city’s leisure-time favorites feature picnic tables, playgrounds, horseshoe pits, showers, nearby restaurants, free parking and other amenities. If your vacation plans include a day of fun in the sun, here are some terrific beaches to take in the cool ocean breezes:
- East Beach – Close to Chase Palm Park and local hotels, East Beach has biking and rollerblading trails, picnic facilities, volleyball courts and is a great beach for swimming.
- Leadbetter Beach – Located near Shoreline Park, Leadbetter is a popular beach for stand-up paddle boarding, windsurfing and boogie boarding. The area has built-in BBQ grills and an adjacent restaurant.
- Goleta Beach Park – Escape the crowds and unwind at this scenic park, outfitted with picnic tables, horseshoe pits, grills, kayak rentals and volleyball courts.
- Arroyo Burro Beach County Park – Locally known as “Hendry’s Beach,” this walkable stretch of picturesque coastline welcomes four-legged companions, has picnic areas and a very good seafood restaurant.
Santa Barbara Shopping
The pedestrian-friendly State Street Plaza welcomes visitors with a tantalizing range of shopping choices, including locally-owned indie boutiques, souvenir shops, art galleries, and national department chains.
For a healthy dose of retail therapy and gourmet eats, head to Paseo Nuevo, an open-air mall just off State Street. Gift shops, consignment stores and specialty outlets are scattered around the downtown area, with a large concentration in De La Guerra Plaza and Arlington Plaza as well.
From artisan crafts and high fashion to exquisite home furnishings and antiques, you’ll soon discover why Santa Barbara is a veritable Mecca for shopping. For a one-of-a-kind souvenir, be sure to stop by the Santa Barbara Museum of Art Store, which sells interesting books, family games, handcrafted jewelry, toys and more.
Additional Resources on Things to do in Santa Barbara:
- US News, Best Things To Do in Santa Barbara https://travel.usnews.com/Santa_Barbara_CA/Things_To_Do/
- com, Plan Your Trip https://santabarbaraca.com/plan-your-trip/
- SantaBarbaraZoo, Visit Santa Barbara Zoo https://www.sbzoo.org/visit/
- Trip Advisor, Things to Do in Santa Barbara https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g33045-Activities-Santa_Barbara_California.html